6 ounces self-raising flour
6 ounces caster sugar
6 ounces butter
4 ounces melted chocolate (Galaxy)
2 table spoons buttermilk
a pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 160
1. Whisk together chocolate, butter and sugar to a soft creamy paste;
2. Add flour (it will look lumpy, but that's ok!)
3. Then eggs, one by one. Mix well till all lumps have dissolved;
4. Add that pinch of salt, and the buttermilk. Combine well.
5. Bake for approx. 35 minutes or till tester comes out clean.
100ml double cream
400g milk chocolate (chopped)
a dash of vanilla extract
1. Melt butter with cream, use a double boiler (or Bain Marie), always stirring and do not let it boil;
2. Once the butter is melted, remove from heat and add the chocolate and keep stirring it ...until all ingredients are well combined.
(if it looks to runny to use straight away, leave it in the fridge for for 30 minutes)
Carve the cupcakes, fill it with chocolate icing, sprinkle some choc shavings and voila you are ready to face Monday!!!