1+ 3/4 cups caster sugar
1+3/4 cups of butter
2 cups icing sugar
2 cups self-raising flour
2/4 cup of cocoa powder
2 cups chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 175C
Grease a 10-inch tube pan
1. Combine sugar and butter; beat until light and fluffy.
2. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. .
3. Gradually add 2 cups icing sugar; blend well.
4. By hand, stir in flour.
5. Add the remaining cake ingredients until well blended. Spoon batter into greased and floured pan; spread evenly.
6. Bake at 175°C for 45 to 50 minutes or until top is set and edges are beginning to pull away from sides of pan.
7. Cool upright in pan on wire rack 1 1/2 hours. Invert onto serving plate; cool at least 2 hours.
1/4 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup icing sugar
6 teaspoons milk
8. Combine all ingredients for the glaze, adding enough milk for the desired consistency. Spoon over top of cake.