This recipe is always a winner, a bit fiddly-stickily but not difficult! It looks fabulous and tastes scrumptious...
Ingredients for approx 20 bombs:
Strawberries, washed and dried;
2 Cans of condensed milk,
2 Table spoons of butter (or margarine or vegetable fat);
2 Egg yolks;
2 Generous table spoons of thick double cream;
Vanilla (as much as you like);
Approx 1 kg of milk chocolate melted (or dark if you prefer).
1. Mix all ingredients, reserving the strawberries and chocolate for later. You are looking for the same texture and consistency of batter. I usually chuck the lot in a blender and let it whizz for a minute or two;
2. Pour the mixture in a large and tall bowl and follow stages 1 to 5 in the microwave, giving the fondant a good stir in between each stage:
Stage 1: 2:00 in the microwave – stir well for a min or 2
Stage 2: 2:00 minutes in the microwave – stir well for a min or 2
Stage 3: 1:30 minutes in the microwave – stir well for a min or 2
Stage 4: 1:30 minutes in the microwave – stir well for a min or 2
Stage 5: 1:00 minute in the microwave – stir well for a min or 2
3. Transfer the mixture to a plastic tub and leave it to rest overnight in the fridge. In a hurry? No prob, just pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes;
4. After at least 3 hours in the fridge, wrap the strawberries in the fondant (grease your hands with margarine, and from time to time run bath hands in cold water to cool them down (fondants don't like heat):
5. Dip one by one in melted chocolate then leaving the bombs to rest on a greased surface until it's dry and firm.